Friday, June 7, 2013

Elie Saab Disney Photography (and mine)

No matter how old I get, there is always something magical about Disney, having a niece makes it new all over again! 
Maybe it's because I never went to Disney (that I remember, being 2 years old and going doesn't count) until I was in college. Orlando was only a 3 1/2 or 4 hour drive north from where I lived but I was never interested in going. I didn't go on Grad Night and I didn't go in Middle School, (we did go to Sea World and EPCOT but that isn't Disneyworld, where is their amazing castle?!). I was never sold on finding a prince, marrying at 16 like Aurora, Belle and Snow White or being a princess, (i mean aren't I already??).

It's more then just going to the park. Besides being an annual passholder when I lived in Florida, I always compete in the Disney Princess Half Marathon on my Birthday in February. I still fly down as a birthday present for myself from NYC to Orlando. I run my little heart out and spend 4 days in the park with my family. Last year I wore a shirt that said, "warrior princess." So you know, the 'princess mentality' is what you make it. 

Below are some of Elie Saab's photos that capture the beauty and whimsy of the stories, the imagery and the fashion. We all want to believe in our own fairy tales, even if we are the hero, the princess, the goofy sidekick, the leader, the savor, the damsel in distress, the beauty and the witch all rolled into one. We're girls, we can be everything all at once. 

(I have also included my own Disney Photos from the Disney Princess Half Marathon and visiting the parks, whateves I'm vain)

Warrior Princess 



Me and my Sister


I guess i love this hand in the air pose


Mickey Ears on in the car on the way to Disney

Now for the Good Photography by Elie Saab









No comments:

Post a Comment